Thursday, March 26, 2015

Last night here: high winds,hail,

pouring rain, and tornadoes spotted around.  Much worse some other areas, I've got tarps to dry and put back in place, and the bird feeder in front is permanently out of service.

Good time to  bring this up: in case I haven't mentioned this before, Erin Palette started a site called Blue Collar Prepping; good site, lots of stuff on getting prepared for problems.  And nobody there is of the "Just write a check to company X for their DoesItAllDisasterKit" mindset.

3 comments:

Erin Palette said...

Thanks for the link love, Firehand!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're OK. My brother is in Tulsa area and also made it OK, but is getting an underground shelter installed. He's been there for close to 20 years, but maybe has a premonition...
Jim in Texas

Firehand said...

I've thought about a shelter; when not in use it would serve for storing stuff that likes cool and dark. Problem is(besides money)I'm not sure if they could put an underground in my yard.